This report was updated on Wednesday 19th April 2017 for deliveries 24th - 28th April 2017
Monday - Wednesday Delivery: Order by 4pm Friday for priority supply.
Monday - Wednesday Delivery: Order by 4pm Sunday.
Thursday Delivery: Order by 9.30am Monday.
Some things are worth the wait !
If you find you have missed the Cut-off's simply call our office - of course we will do our best to fill an order for you if we can : )
Thank you all so much for your Easter wishes and gifts.
We have had a fantastic week spending time with our family and friends. Most importantly our small children have absolutely loved having both their mum and dad around in the school holidays.
I would love to say all is back to normal this week...but...with Anzac Day falling on Tuesday - it is going to be one of those weeks. Monday deliveries will be made on Monday as normal....then all other deliveries will be made one day later. Customers who usually choose Delivery Monday - Wednesday, should choose Delivery Monday - Thursday this week...and Customers who usually choose Delivery Thursday, should choose Delivery Friday this week.
PRODUCE SPECIAL : Fuji Apples - 1kg or more $9.00 per kilo coming from Forest Orchards in SA.
GROCERY SPECIAL : Pureharvest - Rice Cakes with Quinoa (150gm) $2.05 each...usually $2.75 each
These simple and delicious Thin Quinoa Rice Cakes are crisp, crunchy and light, while still packed with the full flavour and health benefits of organic brown rice and quinoa. Enjoy them topped with your favourite foods for a light meal, use them as a base for a bruschetta variation or spread them with your favourite nut butter for a quick snack. Gluten Free. 96% Fat-Free. Vegan. No Cane Sugar.
- We have returned from our break to the last week of Blueberries and the first week of Imperial Mandarins. Damn...Yes...I hear you saying - I am feeling the same way : ) I'm sure you will all agree that the Blueberry season this year has been outstanding. Flavour and quality have both been great. As with the end of most seasons we are expecting to see the odd shrivelled berry in the punnet this week. Know what to expect.....this takes my mind straight to Grapes. I was half expecting the season to be over....but to our amazement Sue Dickinson's Crimson Grapes have only just started this week. Yeehah. Definitely the pick. Grapes are sweet and super crunchy....what a treat mid April! Sultana and Black Muscatelle are also still available although will most likely have browning stems as a week or 2 will see the end of the crop.
- We were hopeful of the beginning of the QLD Navelina Season this week....but it was not to be. Bonita feels the fruit needs another week. Imperial Mandarins will of course have a tighter skin than we would like due to first pick - flavour is good and will sweeten over the next few weeks.
- ...until Navel season is upon us, we will continue to offer end of season Valencia, thankfully bottom of barrel fruit is still available for us from our friends at Fatgoose Fruit. Flavour is still good, but fruit does look a little worse for wear. Remember to refrigerate asap at your end and inspect on arrival - especially 3kg Bags....a suspect orange in a confined space can send the other fruit bad at lightning speed.
- New season Kiwifruit have also started with fruit from Kiwi Down Under...like most years we will wait a week or two before adding them to our list - they always start rock hard and then we all watch them ripening in our kitchens for the next month. For those of you hanging out - hang in there - it won't be long now.
- Fuji's now available from Forest Orchards - yeehah. Flavour is superb! This year we will see some random skin marks/black spot on our delicious fruit from Graeme and Fiona. Unfortunately at a crucial point of development the sky literally opened up and drenched the orchard for not just a day but a few weeks. The marks are only skin deep....don't let it put you off. New season Golden Del's are also amazing....always super crunchy at the beginning of the season. Gala also delicious.
- Custard Apples, Mangosteens, Lemons, Rockmelon (now a variety that looks greenish - don't wait - the fruit is ready to eat), Passionfruit (on grower special and a little wrinkly - only $12.00 per kilo), Pears - Packham in particular, Ruby Grapefruit and Rhubarb have been great.
- New season QLD Broccoli now available from Gary Hamm - it will be a little fluffy as it is at the beginning of each new season - this is a direct result of the Broc being a Winter variety - grown in conditions that are a little too hot - this problem will correct itself over the next few weeks. Until then, know what to expect. Keep in mind that Gary & Kathy leave quite a bit of stem on their broc - Don't discard. Potato peel, as the skin around the stem can be quite thick and cook as you would the flowerette. We personally peel the thick stem of broccoli, slice into discs and then cook as you would your broccoli.....Cauliflower is not far off...but until it starts we can only offer you Victorian Cauli's which are in very short supply and of course this is reflected in the high pricing. Quality is good, but size is incredibly small.
- We have had a few enquiries about our delicious Brussels Sprouts - they are around 2 - 3 weeks from starting.
- Celery is now only available from Helps Rd in SA. As usual there is some browning of the leaves and in some cases the centres of the bunches have been cut out - this is happening on Farm. The good news is that the Celery has great flavour and the bunches are a good size, so you are not left feeling robbed that the centre of the bunch is missing.
- It's that time of the year again when the Allium Family is wanting to grow again. Under the right conditions your garlic and onions will come to life. Keep in a well ventilated, cool area of the kitchen. Don't let the green shoot put you off, just eat it ! Garlic price will soon begin increasing as demand will far outweighing supply as we approach end of season....the irony is that as the price goes up, the quality of the garlic will deteriorate : (
- New season Ginger has started.....this means that some of the Ginger we are supplying you does not have the thick golden brown skin you may associate with Ginger and should be handled carefully at your end. Store in a cool, dry location.
- Gold Beetroot, Squash now from O'Shanassy, Pumpkin - all varieties, Dutch Carrots, Red Capsicum (still on grower special), Lebanese Cucumber (although price has sky rocketed), Grape Cherry Tomatoes and Round Beans have been excellent.
- Due to the cooler weather we are experiencing an egg and milk shortage. We will have enough of both in total numbers to supply all orders...but we may sub to a brand you have not ordered. If you are wanting the brand of eggs or milk you have ordered or nothing at all please advise.
- We have updated our website with the most up to date and accurate information available to us at this time, but due to weather conditions there is of course some uncertainty with our expected supply. The good news is that we have quite a few supply options available to us and so may list a Grower on our site that does not end up supplying us goodies this week. Rest assured we only deal in Certified Organic fresh Fruit & Vegetables and so if the origin of the goodies we supply to you changes the organic status will not.
- Did you know we have Recipe Packages, also simply known as Meal Inspiration for those of us preparing dinner for the fam each evening...Head to our Meal Inspiration Page to find this week's selection of Recipe inspirations. We know you all have things in your pantry like Olive Oil so with our packages you can simply add the package to your cart and then delete any goodies you don't require. So simple !
RAW GOAT MILK SUPPLY..
.as with each year at this time, the supply of Raw, Unpasteurised Goats Milk is really tight. If you are relying on this product can I suggest you slip a few into your freezer now.
...in many cases the Milk we offer you needs to be pre-ordered at our end a week in advance. Most of the time our guess- timates are spot on...but we have been caught out on the odd occasion. We do have a number of Dairy options available to us and so if we run short on some varieties, we may look to others to fill the gap. If you would like us to supply ONLY the milk you have ordered or nothing at all, please make a note with your order.
PLEASE RETURN OUR POLY BOXES and ICEBLOCKS
We pick up all boxes that we deliver in and ask that you keep them clean and dry for a week so that we can swap them with the empty boxes when making your next delivery....If our drivers are not picking up your empty boxes please lettuce know. The Gel pack Iceblocks that we are supplying you are also a considerable cost to our business if they are not returned as are the poly boxes. Please leave out for collection with your next order. We will also collect any packaging material we may supply you including egg cartons, plastic boxes, bubble wrap etc. - simply leave inside your returning boxes.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
As you know, we charge your credit card for your delivery total on the day of or day after your delivery. Please ensure that we have your up to date credit card details and that there are sufficient funds available on the day of your delivery for us to process your payment.